Pursuant to HB 1178 (2022), ACE’s Governing Board is seeking input from parents and employees to assist in development of policies on the following:
- Procedures to review records relating to their minor child;
- Procedures to learn about their minor child’s courses of study, including but not limited to accessing instructional materials intended for use in their classroom;
- Procedures for reviewing instructional materials intended for use in their child’s classroom within the review period; if not available online for review, the material must be made available for review on site upon request from parent within the review period;
- Procedures for a parent to object to instructional materials for use in their child’s classroom or recommended by the child’s teacher;
- Procedures for withdrawing child from the school’s prescribed course of sex education; and
- Procedures for providing written notice that photo, video, or voice recording of their child are not permitted, except as permitted by public safety and security exceptions.
Comments and suggestions may be emailed to Laura Perkins at [email protected] by June 30, 2022.